@3dprinting This may not be the best example, but I have been 3d printing for about 2 years. Only recently however have I combined it with my other nerdy hobby, DND (Dungeons and Dragons). I may not be the greatest painter and not everything here is painted, but I’m very happy with the results and clarity of my prints. Everything here I printed.

Printer: Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro
Filament: 3DHoJor

• rambos@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Im not into DND but you should be prowd, this is what makes 3D printing amazing. Well done op

• versus@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

How do you print the floor tiles? I have the same two hobbies but I’ve been focussing on minis. The one tile I tried just came out like a flat square with some circles on top. Been meaning to try putting them vertically though. Also, what nozzle size did you print 'em with?

• lodronsi@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Fantastic! I that’s what it’s all about, making sure everyone has a fun time.

I ran my first game ever last week. I used some TrueTiles for some buildings, and took some other models and modified them to fit the True Tiles philosophy.

The party likewise enjoyed it.

• lodronsi@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I personally like the True Tiles system. They print fast and don’t obstruct as much of the game. However they are also less immersive/ impressive.

ShipWorks (by Dragon Workshop) if you want to print some epic ships.

Yasashii minis if you want to punish your FDM printer (or reward your resin).

Brite Minis for FDM friendly minis.

• Scrappy@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

BriteMinis has supportless minis, perfect for FDM printers. Here is an example: