I’m really looking forward to More Than Fools Fill Graves, a novella from the Gentleman Bastards series by Scott Lynch that’s supposed to release sometime this year 🤞
And also Holly by Stephen King. The character has really grown on me, especially since watching The Outsider adaptation!

• Eq0@literature.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Can’t wait for Alecto the Ninth!

Gideon the ninth is a masterpiece! Selling pitch: lesbian necromancers in space.

Each one of the three books released until now is great in completely different ways. This fantasy and scifi series spans through mystery, horror, epic, while talking about abuse and mental problems.

• Gamma@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I have Gideon the Ninth on my holds list, only a month to go! Which book has the horror? 👀

• Eq0@literature.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You are in for a treat! One of the few books I re-read, and plan on re-reading again when Alecto comes out.

I’d say mostly Gideon, but Harrow has a fair share as well, just a bit more splatter.

• phanto@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Starter Villain, by John Scalzi.

I can’t wait! Everything he writes is awesome, and I get some belly laughs from at least a few things in each of his books.

• phanto@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Old Man’s War is book one of six, but there’s short stories and mini chapters and stuff, so it’s hard to count. Also, I’d wager he has another book or two to write in the series.

• Eq0@literature.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I only read of him Old man’s war and I thought it was incredibly poorly written. Are his other books better? Or are they good in spite of the writing?

• myrmidex@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I’m anxiously awaiting the English translation of Haruki Murakami’s latest, The City and Its Uncertain Walls.

• PseudoMon@literature.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Still hyped for book 5 of Brandon Sanderson’s The Stormlight Archives. Might have to reread book 4 when that released though, I’ve started to forgot what happened in it.

I was not aware Scott Lynch is writing a novella! Now I’m looking forward to that too.

• Gamma@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Apparently he had some contract stuff and owes his publisher a few books, he talked about it on his substack earlier this year.

I need to listen to Sanderson! I’ve got Elantris up soon, but I might have to give it a bit because I’ve also got like 2 other books up at the same time 😆