• conciselyverbose@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I, uh, actually kind of like the idea. If you just visually converted primitives to a toggle after you type true/false, and let you delete it like any other text, it could be a small convenience on any flags you might change during the development process.

• conciselyverbose@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh, I could easily see a trainwreck of an implementation. But if this was just a display option like color coding keywords and variables, but you could click to change the underlying true/false? I might add it.

• Perry@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

As long as it’s not literally a toggle that you can interact with.

I can only imagine the horrors of accidentally clicking in the editor while selecting some text and quietly changing certificateIsValid = false; to true or something like that.

• GlitchyDigiBun@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I would like to see the debugger give a list of all these boolean values and watch them toggle in real time. That would be far more useful.

• sebastiancarlos@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

fwiw I opened an issue on the vs code repo. It already got a downvote and the issue was reassigned from one maintainer to another. Popcorn is tightly secured.

• Henrik@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Previously I was able to search for “true” and “false” in my codebase. How do I do that now? VS Code has a new search interface specifically for toggles. It’s closed by default, but you can open it by clicking the “Toggle Search Toggle” toggle.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked toggles so we gave you a toggle to search for toggles in your toggle

Also, the section defining behaviour for null and undefined values are kind of bonkers.

Buuut, a nice visual nonetheless. I don’t see myself using it though.

• JSens1998@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It looks neat, but I think I’ll keep my true and false. I don’t like chhannngggeeee!

• Hazzard@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I used an extension a while ago that changed CSS colour values (#ababab) into little coloured dots, that became a colour picker when clicking on them (while still letting you input RGB or Hex, ofc), and it was pretty awesome!

So, I could unironically see this being really nice. Although… I think this would need a pretty narrow context, something like if x == true would look pretty confusing as a toggle, I imagine. But assigning x = true? Bring it on.

• sebastiancarlos@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Good point. I actually thing that having if x == true is bad practice anyway because it’s redundant, so showing a toggle in that context would have the benefit of highlighting that something’s wrong.