• Defaced@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I have two of them, and they’re great controllers. It has a really nice dpad and the joysticks never had any reputation for stick drift. The Bluetooth implementation suffers from the same problem all Bluetooth controllers have though, latency. If it weren’t for the shoddy Bluetooth implementation it would be the perfect controller.

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Sure, but it works pretty well for me. I have BT headphones and DS4 controllers, and they work reasonably well together. I don’t really notice the latency for the type of gaming I do (non-competitive SP games mostly).

• LastYearsPumpkin@feddit.ch
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s the primary controller I use with my SteamDeck.

I got it for free with a stadia promo, then Google unlocked the Bluetooth, and it works fine.

• ono@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They’re easy to find for $15-20 USD. What does it matter if they’re discontinued?

• jayandp@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Dirt cheap on eBay and will probably show up in thrift stores eventually. Making them usable by someone is better than them ending up in a landfill.

Though I still wouldn’t buy one, but I’m biased since I have one already(got it for free from Google at some point 😝)

• vividspecter@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

So is the Steam Controller, but I’ll continue to use them until something better comes along.

• newIdentity@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Honestly the Stadia controller was great. I still have it and it’s my favorite. The Bluetooth implementation just isn’t that great since it was never intended to be used that way anyway