For me, personally, It would be Snatch. It’s such a great movie that I could watch again and again. So many interesting characters and a unique style that sets it apart from so many other movies. There’s just that extra something in that movie

What about you, fellow Lemmites? What is your favourite movie?

• ace_garp@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I like movies that explore the human condition and the facets of society.

Currenlty Magnolia is my #1.

Previously it was Fargo.

And before that, Meet the Feebles.

• Hadriscus@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Is that the one with the frog rain ? and a guy climbing some sort of pole and falling down. Two childhood memories

• ace_garp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yes, frogs scene and Donnie climbing the pole.

It’s about how adults are still kids inside, and that kids can be screwed up by adults early on and stay messed up for a long time, sometimes finding release from their screwed-upness.

• solstice@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

How do you feel about vanilla sky? I’m not sure if it fits your bill but immediately came to mind.

• ace_garp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Thanks. I know of it in name only. I didn’t know it was a remake of a Spanish film. Added to the list.

• goaskalice3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Have you ever seen Her was a Quiet Man? I think it would fit with your theme.

Recently I watched that, Magnolia, Happiness, and American Beauty all in the same week and it was amazing/left me in a weird headspace

• Pulptastic@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I want to like magnolia, I should like magnolia, I do not like magnolia. What am I missing? It seems intentionally vague with implied biblical undertones. I have tried because people I know and respect love it but I just cannot see why.