Is this a punishment? Did a vegan turn them down for prom and they swore eternal vengeance?

• AlyxMS [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I’m not a vegan so maybe that’s why I’m not getting it. I am very confused right now.

Is there something wrong with the ingredients? Everything looks vegan to me, except the sauce which we have no idea what could be in there.

Or does that not taste good? Because that seems to be something I wouldn’t mind eating. Or probably it’s just because I love anything with mushrooms in it.

• Robert_Kennedy_Jr [xe/xem, xey/xem]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

If I’m going to a Mexican restaurant I would like to eat Mexican food, you can’t just call something a burrito because you wrapped it in a tortilla. If I was making a build your own vegan burrito I’d probably go with beans, rice, onions, tomatoes, lettuce or cabbage, avocado and some sauteed peppers.

• AlyxMS [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Got it. I think my problem is that my definition for burrito is exactly “stuff wrapped it in a tortilla”. Too used to crappy food.

• GalaxyBrain [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

It’s half assed. A lot of places will just kinda throw some random veggies in a thing and call it a menu item. If I’m going to a restaurant I don’t want a fucking veggie and rice bowl or whatever some carnivore chef crapped out.