Hi people!

I am in the process of setting up my selfhosted services and I would like to have a status monitor for them and for my websites. I really like Uptime Kuma, but right now I am not sure where should I host it. I do not want it on my VPS (for obvious reasons) and I do not have a spare old PC that I would run at home. At first I wanted to have it on a separate, very small VPS from my server provider but in different datacentre, but without a public IPv4 (only v6 are free) I’m not sure how I would expose it to the public (any tips?).

I would want to ask you for some recommendations for sites offering a hosting option for just this one thing, preferrably with a free tier(?). The docker container takes up only about 120-130MiB of RAM so even 1vCPU, 256MiB of RAM and a few hundred MiBs of storage would suffice. I don’t mind something with “sleep after a period of inactivity” type of thing, as I can just setup a cron job to ping the site. Or if you have some other way to have a FOSS status monitor hosted outside of my prod. server, I will appreciate every tip.

Thank you very much, hope you are having a good day :)

• DJArbz@lemmy.notmy.cloud
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I have Kuma setup on one of my VPS’ and one endpoint I monitor is on healthchecks.io.

This way Kuma can monitor whatever I need and if HC doesn’t get a “ping” every 5 minutes I get an alert from them. They have a free teir for 20 checks I believe it is.