hola!

I’m extremely nervous because on Wednesday I’m scheduled to get my wisdom teeth removed. My main worry is getting my nerves damaged and having to be on pain forever.

I also have never had any surgical procedure done before, so not knowing what to expect from having three pieces removed has me crawling up the roof.

Many say it should get done as soon as possible, but I’m seriously considering calling it off. The pain I felt two weeks ago is gone now 🥸

Any advice (either for before or after the procedure) is welcome and deeply appreciated.

• Fox@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

NO STRAWS NO STRAWS NO STRAWS NO STRAWS

The dentist will probably tell you everything you need to know, but after having spoken to someone who had 3 dry sockets due to using straws after removing her wisdom teeth, it feels like the most important point to drill in.

My partner had a lot of soylent, fruit/veg juice, soup, apple sauce after the procedure. Get some ice cream or a shake (WITH A SPOON) afterwards if you’re not nauseous - you deserve a treat. Apparently the weird ice from Sonic is really good when you get a tooth out, I’ve never had it lol. Good luck on your procedure, and don’t delay it!! Just get it over with so you never have to think about it again. You’re gonna be fine 💖