link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

In an exclusive Guardian interview, Dr Stephen Brearey accused the Countess of Chester hospital trust of being “negligent” and failing to properly address concerns he and other doctors raised about Letby as she carried out her killings.

Speaking publicly for the first time, Brearey told the Guardian that executives should have contacted the police in February 2016 when he escalated concerns about Letby and asked for an urgent meeting.

Brearey, who still works on the neonatal unit, said executives were too quick to blame “failures outside the hospital” for the deaths of babies and should have launched a forensic review by February 2016 at the latest.

Letby was removed from the neonatal unit in early July 2016 when senior doctors demanded she be redeployed after the sudden and unexplained deaths of two triplet brothers within 24 hours of each other.

Brearey accused executives of “bullying” and “intimidating” senior doctors who raised concerns about the nurse and that it felt as if they were “treating us with as much suspicion as Lucy Letby”.

He said this partly led bosses to side with Letby instead of the consultants when they raised concerns from October 2015, because they treated it as “a case of doctors picking on a nurse”, Brearey said.

The original article contains 1,261 words, the summary contains 208 words. Saved 84%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• Ascyron@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Every person in a leadership role at that hospital should do time for this. It’s a disgrace.

• dingleberry
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

So they turned this into a “Doctors picking on a lone nurse” issue? I hope the nursing staff that rallied with Letby feel the weight of their action their whole life.

• thorbot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This lady has to be just pure evil. How the fuck could you do something like that otherwise?