Hey all, I’m just looking for some solid story driven games on Xbox gamepass, that are equally fun to play. I had been recommended the Mass Effect series, and while I believe the story will be great, the first game is an absolute slog to get through right now.

What are some good story games that are equally entertaining in the actual gameplay that are currently on gamepass?

Heck, even just games with solid gameplay will do, if the story is serviceable.

• michaelgarydean@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I like action-adventure games mostly, but here’s my favourites so far on Game Pass:

• Psychonauts 2
    • Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
    • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    • The Outer Worlds
    • A Plague Tale: Requiem
    • Immortals Fenyx Rising
    • Death Stranding
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • DocSophie@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Chained Echoes, if you like SNES-era JRPGs!

Omori is fantastic, but also incredibly heavy (depictions of various mental health problems and dark themes; don’t play it if you’re not in a good place), and is unfortunately leaving on 07/01.

Persona 3 and 4 are pretty good, but I REALLY wish we’d gotten the PS2 version of P3 (FES) rather than the PSP one (Portable).

• thoro@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

IMO? Keep playing ME. It’s worth it.

Were you playing at a soldier class? If so, then maybe try a Vanguard or Adept as the biotic powers are more fun than shooting. Vanguard is especially fun in 2 and 3.

• panchzila@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Wolfenstein the new order. Inside. Hollow knight. Hellblade. Pillars of eternity. Titan fall 2. Batman Arkham city.

• Qkall@mastodon.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

@panchzila @swancheez

> Wolfenstein the new order.
      > Inside.
      > Hollow knight.
      > Hellblade.
      > Pillars of eternity.
      > Titan fall 2.
      > Batman Arkham city.

titan fall 2 a million times. truly was one of the best gaming experiences i had in years (campaign… i hear online is cursed)