‘You’re Telling Me in 2023, You Still Have a ’Droid?’ Why Teens Hate Android Phones / A recent survey of teens found that 87% have iPhones, and don’t plan to switch::undefined

• BubblyMango@lemmy.wtf
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

After disabling a million warnings, being constantly reminded you should not do it, and i wont be surprised if future versions will require rooting for doing so.

I have always been an android user, but honewtly, if libre android OSes didnt exist, i would have been an iphone user already.

• filister@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

With all my due respect, iOS is even worse. They don’t provide access to the file system of their phones/tablets, still refuse to open iMessage to rival OSes, they don’t even release their apps for other operating systems.

You can’t for example backup WhatsApp on Android and restore your backup on iOS.

They don’t support Bluetooth file transfer and they are/were requiring to develop their apps on macOS. Not to forget all those lawsuits they filed against Samsung and other Android manufacturers at the beginning of the smartphone revolution.

• olicvb@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Reminders? Like the “this app can’t install unknown apps” notice for installation? Because those only happen for if you execute through a browser or app other than the file explorer for the first time.