• edward@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What does the spectrum illustrate if not bias? Because it sure looks like it’s a scale of bias: Extreme Left Bias, Left Bias, Left-Center Bias, Least Bias, Right-Center Bias, Extreme Right Bias. And it sure seems to correspond with the part of the article right below it that explicitly says “Right-Center Bias

And again, where would a centrist biased source go on that spectrum?

Also: ad hominem if you want to just link logical fallacies.

• BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I already explained how that’s not what this spectrum illustrates. your lack of comprehension is not my responsibility.

• edward@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

What, political bias vs political alignment? Again, where would a heavily biased, centrist aligned source go on their graph? You haven’t answered that.

• Whiskey Pickle@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Sealioning

Sealioning (also sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with relentless requests for evidence, often tangential or previously addressed, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity (“I’m just trying to have a debate”), and feigning ignorance of the subject matter. It may take the form of “incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate”, and has been likened to a denial-of-service attack targeted at human beings. The term originated with a 2014 strip of the webcomic Wondermark by David Malki, which The Independent called “the most apt description of Twitter you’ll ever see”.

• edward@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

You don’t even know what that means and you’re just throwing it around on things that aren’t that. Citing logical fallacies is useless and the absolute worst debate bro thought terminating cliche.

• edward@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

That’s literally the argument BrooklynMan is making. He’s saying “that’s not what the spectrum illustrates” without giving any proof as to what it illustrates.

• Whiskey Pickle@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 year ago

i find their argument effective. i’m borrowing it.

and they explained it clearly. you just ignored it because you didn’t like it.

• BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

I already explained how that’s not what this spectrum illustrates. your lack of comprehension is not my responsibility.

• edward@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                1 year ago

lmao you went back and edited your comment to remove the part I replied to (political bias vs political alignment).

I see nothing left in your comment that explains how that’s not what the spectrum illustrates. Here’s what you haven’t removed so far:

all that you’ve proven is that it is, in fact, you who cannot distinguish centrism from being unbiased because you conflate the center of a bias spectrum with political centrism in a context where the two are only political bias is being discussed and you’e trying to inject political alignment as a Straw man

in a context where the two are only political bias is being discussed

This part is malformed, I’m not even entirely sure what it’s supposed to say. I’ll assume this:

in a context where the two (left and right) are the only political biases being discussed

So you’re saying that the site just doesn’t consider centrist bias at all but only looks at left and right? Why is that? Centrist bias a form of bias too, isn’t it? Why don’t they consider centrist bias?

• BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  1 year ago

lmao you went back and edited your comment to remove the part I replied to (political bias vs political alignment).

you’re welcome to try to prove any wrongdoing on my part, and I’ll point to the fact that many of your comments are edited as well.

I see nothing left in your comment that explains how that’s not what the spectrum illustrates

I hold no surprise that you fail to comprehend something when your argument relies upon you not comprehending.

your opinion notwithstanding, what you may assume and words you put in my mouth do not constitute any argument I’ve made-- nor can I be held responsible for such.

• edward@lemmy.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    1 year ago

you’re welcome to try to prove any wrongdoing on my part, and I’ll point to the fact that many of your comments are edited as well.

Legit fucking gaslighting. You know damn well there isn’t an edit history. But I replied to the part you removed with:

What, political bias vs political alignment?

My edits have not removed anything like yours have.