• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

No, it’s centered around large nodes, that’s the point they’re making.

Over 50% of the network’s capacity in the hands of 5 entities?

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/vo86ki/over_half_of_all_lightning_network_capacity_is/

Shit’s decentralized as fuck yo!

Heck, Bitcoin itself had the majority of its hashrate coming from a dictatorship where the state needs to have a representative in all major companies… One move and the Chinese government had control over the network.

#decentralization

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

Ok, so you ignored what I said.

China could have seized all mining equipment just by deciding to nationalize the industry instead of banning it, boom, 51%+ of the hashrate in the hands of the Chinese government. What were Bitcoin maximalists saying at the time? Fuck dick, as long as the price goes up, who cares about the tech behind it?

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

“It can’t happen anymore”

Except they Chinese hashrate went back up even though mining is still illegal… Which begs the question… Did the miners really move out of China or did they simply hide the fact that they’re in China?

• Feddyteddy@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

This is like saying Lemmy is centralized because lemmy.world exists. This senseless rambling may work elsewhere, but Lemmy has too many computer literate users for you to gain any traction here.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Eh… Lemmy has too many computer literate users for Bitcoin maximalists and crypto to have taken a hold on the place, funny that!

• Feddyteddy@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Alright, I can see now that you are just yelling out things you heard other people say without any idea what they mean. FYI, a bitcoin maximalist is someone who things there is no reason for any other crypto. That is absolutely not what this conversation is about. I don’t think bitcoin is the only useful coin, and I never said anything remotely similar to this. I’m sorry if you lost money gambling or something, but honestly I’m not surprised, clearly you are someone you gets overconfident with small amounts of information. That is possibly what you have to blame for whatever happened to you.