What are your favorite board games? Me and my friends love playing board games, but I get the feeling their tired of playing the same things. What do you guys usually play? My favorite board game of all time is HeroQuest. I never get tired of playing it. Also love Catan, Arkham Horror, Betrayal House on the Hill, Spyfall (great at parties)

• adthrawn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There is a board game I played years ago at a comic shop, and I can never remember the name of it. I only played it once but it was super fun. Kind of like if Freelancer were a board game. You had a huge game board with a bunch of planets and you picked up missions. I dont remember what the win conditions were, but I remember I had a lot of fun with it.

• shapesandstuff@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I vaguely remember totalbiscuit and the gang play some games that would fit the description. Maybe worth a shot digging through his old stuff

• Sandra@idiomdrottning.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That could have been:

• Xia, legends of a drift system
      • Star Wars, outer rim
      • Firefly
      • Merchant of Venus

Those are probably the most well-known games along that line 💁🏻‍♀️

• adthrawn@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It was years ago, so my memory may be a bit foggy on it lol. I looked up the names someone else suggested and it was Xia: Legends of a Drift System. I remember it was a lot of fun, even if I was totally out of my depth the first time playing it