• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    24 days ago

You don’t get to brag about it until it’s done and it’s, what? 1% done?

Same thing with student debt relief.

“We’re going to forgive student debt! Yay!”
    * If you borrowed $12,000 or less.
    ** And you haven’t missed any payments in 10 years.

If you borrowed $12K or less and have been making payments for 10 years, you don’t have any significant debt to forgive.

• BarqsHasBite@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      23 days ago

Dude I already explained the mechanism of infrastructure. I explained in great detail why it takes a long time and why you can’t wait, which you don’t even bother to respond to. You just make the same claim and you’re off to the next one. For that I could talk about the courts and then how they had to rewrite the specifics (those weren’t the conditions I heard, the ones I heard were very decent), but then you won’t respond to the detail, you’ll make the same claim, and you’ll be off to next one again. What’s the point?

So yes he gets credit for his part. Demanding we wait for the whole thing to play out when the wheels are in motion and it’s happening is frankly ridiculous. Ciao.

• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        23 days ago

I get it, it took a year of permitting and inspections to get solar panels on my house, but I wasn’t bragging that it was done and how much solar I was generating when the project wasn’t completed yet.

That’s what Biden is doing. And if Harris loses in November, Trump will kill it all and Biden will have done nothing.