• Pencilnoob@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 days ago

When I first learned to bake bread and pizza.

Five years later I was 60lb/27kg heavier and needed to go on keto to break the bread habit. Sigh. Took me almost as long to lose an the weight, but I’ve kept it off now for almost ten years!

• drolex@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      19 days ago

The tiny human is part of meal offer I think. I believe it’s a common offering, you’re usually invited to share wings, pizza, a tiny human and ice cream.

ETA: I’m reliably informed it’s usually Coca-Cola, not a tiny human. I stand corrected.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    19 days ago

Learning to cook my own favorite foods has been devastating to my waistline. Tuning the recipes to fit my preferences even more will undoubtedly kill me one day.

• Rob Bos@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        19 days ago

Genuinely though. You can cook amazing low cal food. Stir fried veggies and the right sauce. Curries. Also cut the meat down, you don’t need a lot. Beans are good and light.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        19 days ago

Literally what I’m doing now lol partially to save money, but also because I learned how to make too many delicious bready/fried things… Sometimes even fried bready things…

Mmmm fried pizza… (Not kidding lol)

• kautau@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        19 days ago

No no, you need to make or order a wedge salad, where the effort expended on cutting it up will burn more calories than it provides