drive link

the Psi warrior is designed to be a versatile half caster with the option to focus on martial combat or caster prowess. but also it’s to fill a gap in class themes without a convoluted psionic system or one poorly translated from 3e. it’s the first one I’ve drafted that I’m happy with. I think the trance was a fun idea for a gimmick but I’m unsure if I executed it very well in the currently only available subclass, let me know?

feel free to leave any feedback or questions but there are some specific points I would like feedback on. I’m looking for feedback for;

the spell list. anything to add / take away?

the concept, does it have a strong enough identity? / how can I make its identity stronger?

and balance. is the autohypnosis feature too strong or too weak? are any of the new spells to strong or to weak?

• TakeoWolfe@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Thank you. Sorry I posted this just before passing out for the night haha.

I went down the list of skills and had psychic characters in mind, just checked them off until I had six to choose from. For sleight of hand specifically I thought most psychic characters end up being in some capacity tricksters. But persuasion or deception would probably have been better for the list huh?

• Maharashtra@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Or, provide an explanation to keep the skills you selected. There’s always a place for Psionic Thief. 😉

• TakeoWolfe@lemmy.worldOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

My next subclass I’m trying to figure out is kind of that. With a bonus to (all?) dexterity skills or being able to replace dex for int while in trance. And after preforming a successful attack with a ranged or finesse weapon they may break the trance to become invisible. It’s still just an idea at this point.