Just joined, and well, I’m thinking ill stay. Ive been looking for a good reddit alternative for a while now. devs, you’ve done quite some good work here.

• Outsider7542@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Is there a way to make use of all the white space? I don’t understand why the content is restricted to such a small portion of the page.

• Teotwawki@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I agree with you about the whitespace, and your post made me realize that there is a dark mode. Thanks for that.

• Outsider7542@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I actually have an extension on my browser called Dark Reader that makes all websites dark for me. So I didn’t even know there was a dark mode either.

• tookmyname@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Could really use a pure black mode. For OLED and night. Seems like an easy and major improvement.

• Outsider7542@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I originally asked this question because I’m new to Lemmy and wasn’t sure if I was missing something about why the design was this way. I didn’t know if there was some setting or other way to modify to get it to have a different design.

Having looked into it a bit more, just seems there isn’t a way to do it ourselves, perhaps as the userbase expands there might be someone who eventually develops extensions.

What I have noticed is there’s apparently other Lemmy instances that run a different UI, but maybe they aren’t really federated with everyone else. Hexbear.net was one I just found out about. Basically I’m wondering if anyone knows of other instances that are part of the fediverse.

• pitninja@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’m actually really curious about hexbear as well. It’s a pretty different place over there…

Do Lemmy servers publish their federation lists?

• blackbrook@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I understand why they might like to constrain the column, but it would be nice if there was an option to turn that off and let you just control the width yourself by sizing the browser window.