• kofe@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

When I think too much about it, eating any meat really does gross me out. I still do but occasionally get tempted to try going vegetarian or something. I’m just too damn lazy

• MrBakedBeansOnToast@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

You don’t have to do it religiously. You can eat meat in one occasion, and avoid it in another. Especially these days the meat-supplements are getting pretty good. I would opt for them more often if they weren’t more expensive than real meat.

• ElephantInTheRoom@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I myself find all those industrial meat alternatives pretty disgusting, especially considering what stuff they put in it to make it taste and feel like the real thing.

I’d rather mix my faux-meat myself, even while I’m not completely vegetarian, just almost.

• clothes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I can relate to this so I’ll just add that aligning my diet with my values was the best decision I’ve ever made. Being able to eat without feeling guilty/confused/complicated was life-changing. I didn’t do it all at once, or torture myself.

And we live at this amazing time when you can be lazy AND get amazing not-morally-horrible food! Typing this as I munch on an entire package of addictive store bought animal-free chocolate chip cookies :P