I was always cautiously curious about the game but am not thrilled about supporting Rowling. Last time I checked it seemed like it was proving to be extremely difficult to crack. I see some torrents listed but they’re not from uploaders I recognize and the seed count seems a little low for a modern high profile release. Are there some good/safe torrents out there by now?

• Sabata11792@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Fitgirl was the first one to crack it, I believe on commission and/or out of spite.

Empress look at me forgetting names again.

• Clairvoidance@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

you’re thinking of EMPRESS
      Definitely presented as out of spite

Some people speculate that this is the cover-up persona to hide that they’re actually a team with people who have worked on Denuvo themselves, and it certainly sounds more believable than this single woman managing to crack Denuvo in 14 days when every other cracker still in the business can’t.
      (but also some people are truly insane who knows)

• ash@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

oh yeah her rants, and flip flopping, seems like a team of people. They may be insane but god damn are they good at cracking

• AvgApartheidLover@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

I’ve seen the unhinged things Empress posts on Reddit, anytime they’ve got something to say that isn’t directly related to cracking.

Either Empress is a team of people with the worst Social Media Manager ever or it’s a huge Autist who just happens to be good at programming.

Given the usual drama in the piracy scene, the latter seems much more believable tbh.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

To my knowledge, Empress hasn’t announced wanting to do Dead Space - Though their cracking times had also gotten longer such as 51 days for RE4make
          Might just be that Denuvo cracked down and finally hired new people to add more bullshit onto Denuvo figuring out they couldn’t trust the old ones, if the theory about them being a team is true, that’d probably be the end of things
          But it could also be like, some laying-low strategy, we can’t say without being in the battlefield ourselves

• dedale@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t know, Empress comes with her own theme songs, long winded bizarre philosophical rants, beautifully ornamented nfo, and pointless drama with repackers. If that’s a cover up persona, they did a hell of a thorough job.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I mean idk shit she says just sound like such elaborate troll-shit, it sounds like someone’s having fun with it.
          literally “it came to me in a dream”

• Evono@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Fit girl is a repacker like dodi.

Empress is a cracker.

Other old crackers are codex, skid row and more.

• Skcyte@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

lol guys like you made Empress pissed at Fitgirl no offense. And the reason Fitgirl didn’t pack Empress’ stuff.