Ex-Tesla employee reveals shocking details on worker conditions: ‘You get fired on the spot.’::Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s ‘ultra hardcore’ work culture is revealed to have led to long hours, unsafe conditions, and harassment for employees.

• 𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒏@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

And some are even trying further reduce the little remaining legislation that deters child labor exploitation.

But they don’t bat an eye using the same children as a scapegoat to push through intrusive laws, under the illusion of protecting the children 😭

• RaoulDook@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I do whatever the fuck I want in the USA pretty much every day. It’s great.

Do you have a Bill of Rights, including all the freedoms that ours has?

• settoloki@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I mean I can’t get fired on the spot at my work place. Don’t have to worry about a crazy neighbour shooting me. Don’t have to worry about healthcare or its costs. Nobody tells me what books I can and cannot read I can express whichever sexuality I was born with without fear of backlash Don’t have to worry if my kid will come back from school Protected by unions and the like from work bullshittery

You are right though, there is no out dated piece of paper that doesn’t update with the times :( you got me.

• settoloki@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

That’s the one thing that gets me about the system is the USA. You have health insurance from your employer that can just fire you if you get sick. Doesn’t make a lot of sense, even if they don’t the insurance company might just decide not to pay out, and even if they do you have to pay hundreds of dollars in premiums.

• RaoulDook@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

I really don’t have to worry about any of those problems either, and I have all my needs met and everything is going well, and I have safety nets established in case they aren’t. It really is great here for me.

• SocialMediaRefugee@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

You have very high taxes to pay for it all and some unions can hold the country hostage (rail strikes). Unemployment is higher because employers are slow to hire because it is so hard to fire anyone and you have less pressure to work.

Nobody tells me what books I can and cannot read

There is no such restriction here. Just because a few local small town libraries complain and get a lot of media attention you can still buy and read anything.

I can express whichever sexuality I was born with

It is protected legally here also.

• John Van Ostrand@thecanadian.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

@RaoulDook @settoloki I can tell you Canada has a Charter of Rights and Freedoms that guarantees about the same right as America’s BoR. The difference is that americans are regularly told theirs is the greatest document, so many believe it without even knowing what other countries have.

• RaoulDook@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

You don’t have the Right to Bear Arms, and we do. Thus your rights are inferior and America wins as usual.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

@RaoulDook Every independent freedom index I see rates Canada in the top ten, (or close) even the American-based ones, and the US lags another 10 or so slots below. These ratings literally mean there are 20 or more countries more free than the US.
              So, enjoy your indoctrination. I
              wonder why people want you to think you’re the most free.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

@RaoulDook You’re showing your American indoctrination even more. You’ve been told over and over and over that the right to bear arms is of utmost importance. Gun ownership in Canada is quite high and yet we don’t have the violence Americans have to endure every day.

• RaoulDook@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

You still don’t have a Right to bear arms, you have a privilege that can be significantly infringed and has been in recent years in Canada.

I don’t care what you think about my alleged “indoctrination” because you are living in fear of unlikely dangers, while I live in peace, comfort, and contentment with all these wonderful rights. Gun violence is statistically rare and unlikely to affect the vast majority of Americans, despite how the news media frames it to maximize attention on every tragedy.

The right to bear arms is a crucial right, as the cornerstone of democracy it protects all of the other rights, because an authoritarian government simply cannot subjugate a fully armed citizenry.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  10 months ago

@RaoulDook You clearly are unaware of the crime statistics between Canada and the US. I’m an American-Canadian with lots of friends and relatives in the US. The fear of crime there is much higher than it is here. Despite knowing more Canadians the only people I know who have been shot are Americans.
                  I’m sure if I pressed you more, on any of this, you’d start spouting NRA propaganda. So just look up violent crime and gun crime statistics in both countries and let’s leave it at that.

• nutsack@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

sortof. my advice would be to refuse signing a severance or anything else they might give you after that point, and to give it to a lawyer instead. they will probably consult for free and let you know if you have a case. i bet a company like that sees a lot of wrongful termination lawsuits, and they probably like to settle outside of court.