Ex-Tesla employee reveals shocking details on worker conditions: ‘You get fired on the spot.’::Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s ‘ultra hardcore’ work culture is revealed to have led to long hours, unsafe conditions, and harassment for employees.

• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Tesla preys on young and naive employees looking to get their foot in the door.

For instance back on Reddit in many of the engineering subs, there were countless new threads started by fresh engineering graduates who were hell bent on getting a job at Tesla. Many of us would warn them to stay as far away as possible from them (as well as SpaceX) but they wouldn’t listen no matter what we told them.

Most of these people weren’t dumb. Naive, sure, but not dumb. Some of them had a plan where they would bust their asses working at Tesla for a year or two and then that would be a great addition to their resume. Would it work for them? Not sure, but I do know that HR departments do think highly of seeing Tesla or SpaceX on one’s resume, so maybe that plan wasn’t quite so bad. I sure as fuck have no interest in working there, but then again, I like having some time-off.

• DoomBot5@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s the same concept as working at a FAANG company. Yes, they’re going to run you rugged, but you’ll make bank and it will be great for your resume. There is a reason Google added all these in office amenities to encourage people to not go home.