Previous Thread | Next Thread

Another week in the books. Let’s chat about manga in the general discussion thread! Feel free to use this thread for questions, comments, recommendations, etc.

Like normal, please be careful with spoilers. I wrote a guide about spoilers in case you need a refresher on how to handle them (also linked in the sidebar).

• ReluctantZen@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

It seems MangaPlus has started doing Oneshot translations. Cool stuff, but the translation of these seem off… It flows poorly (I had to double take so many sentences) and there are some weird quirks. It feels very MTL’y. No translator is credited so it probably is MTL. Sorry, “AI”. Sad to see this is what my subscription money is going to.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Unfortunately, I expect this to happen more and more going forward. I suspect that the popular, long-running series will warrant the higher-quality, dedicated translators. However, the long tail of other series will start to be consumed by lightly edited MTL.

• ReluctantZen@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 days ago

God I hope not. The latest oneshot was already hard to follow because of it. I’m all for officially reading, but this is insulting.