• DracEULA@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I was able to ditch Windows completely thanks to them, haven’t had to dual boot for years. I remember back when I first tried linux there were only a handful of games that would run without hours of tinkering. Now compatibility is an afterthought; I just assume Steam games will work and I haven’t had any issues yet.

• genoxidedev1@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Problem for me is def going to be modding games, have they fixed alt tabbing between games and desktop yet at least? It used to “crash” the game for me if I tabbed out even for a second.

• thehellrocc@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’ve never had this issue but it might be specific to the game you’re trying, using gamescope might help.

• GiuEliNo@feddit.it
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You can try to use gamescope for that. Really useful for games that crash alt-tabbing

• thehellrocc@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

The only (large enough) area which is currently lacking is multiplayer games, especially those with anticheats. Unfortunately, there’s nothing users can do about that other than wait for game developers to enable wine support, which, despite EAC and Battleye significantly simplifying the process, many still haven’t done.