The time has come for all those who have stocked up on gold from troll caves and fuling villages! Said gold is the prime currency in the world of Valheim after all, and there’s a new vendor in the tenth realm where you can spend your riches.

• alianne@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m excited to get another world going with the new difficulty settings. I’ll finally be able to build without fear of raids wrecking my base!

• raef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

We built on a hill and I dug a trench all the way around: only bats and drakes have ever really gotten in.

• alianne@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I usually take over an island so I don’t have to dig a trench or build a giant wall (I find both ugly), but I’d much prefer to turn raids off entirely so I can build something visually pleasant without worry.

• raef@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I’ve actually been leveling off the opposite side of the trench so it’s a hill with sheer edges. It looks nice, actually

• kid4today@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Yaaay! Finally!!

Where are we supposed to find hildir? The wiki says she’s in the meadows but I just walked in to the plains and Hugin showed up and said I could find her there.

Edit: I found her, she is pretty much in the plains. Her camp straddles the border of plains and meadows but around 95% of it is in the plains.

• kid4today@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I still think she’s supposed to be in the meadows but my game glitched somehow…… a lot of my map was already discovered, not much meadows left to discover.

• Mojojojo1993@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

It’s the meadows but really far away from spawn point? Is that right ?

I got a new seed. But now I gotta travel to the other side of the word to find her. Nice to be back in valheim

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

So pretty far away. I’m managed to stumble into a smouldering tomb. But have yet to find her. Hopefully soon. I’ll have cleared the whole map soon

• GCanuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

While the new merchant is nice, I’m much more excited about seeing my golden locks while wearing a helmet.

• Kaldo@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s the server settings for me, looking forward to get friends back into the game by making it a bit more lenient for us all. Now just to decide whether I want to bother with port forwarding and hosting it myself or wait until the cloud servers get updated :D

Definitely sounds like a nice update, I’ve been looking forward to it for a while now

• 1111@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Desperate to know this. I just want 2x wood and stone drops to make grinding for building mats less of a chore!

link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Tell you what. Mistwalker does not do the job in the frozen wastes. That. That was a very hard fight. A long fight. Not overly hard but super long.

link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Fuck yeah. Been refreshing valheim for like 3 months.

Now comes the hard part. Where the hell is she hiding