I hope I am not coming across as spamming as this is my third post to this community today. I won’t do another today but I just thought this was interesting. I watch most of CTT’s videos and this was one from a live stream where he went into gaming on NixOS.

• λλλ@programming.devOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I have an extra PC I am considering setting up as a “console” using Linux. After a conversation in another community, it got me wanting to look into NixOS because I love the reproducibility aspect and I wouldn’t need to have may apps installed that aren’t installed through Steam. The other video I shared showed that the NixOS package for Steam isn’t updated. So, that is a worry… But, I’m still reading.

• Klaymore@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’ve been using the Steam Flatpak on NixOS and it works great, the native one wasn’t working but that might’ve been because I was doing weird things with Impermanence and symlinks and stuff

• λλλ@programming.devOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

From the comments of that video someone suggested the following: Jovian-NixOS.

It looks good/promissing but it is built for Steam Deck. I would like to kind of clone the Steam Deck experience on a computer with an Nvidia graphics card and intel processor. Still reading/learning.