The co-founder of failed cryptocurrency exchange FTX pleaded not guilty to a seven count indictment charging him with wire fraud, securities fraud and money laundering.

An attorney for FTX co-founder Sam Bankman-Fried said in federal court Tuesday his client has to subsist on bread, water and peanut butter because the jail he’s in isn’t accommodating his vegan diet.

• pythonoob@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I mean, I don’t think he does respect animals more than humans. I don’t really believe that’s he’s actually vegan.

• BonfireOvDreams@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Well homie I’ve got evidence that suggests he is and you have none that says he isn’t so I’m just going to work with that.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

That’s cool dawg. You can support the shit bag that ripped off thousands of people for billions of dollars if it helps you sleep at night. I don’t believe for a second someone that messed up can have a good thought. So he may say he’s vegan, but I doubt it.

• BonfireOvDreams@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I support the right to abstain from putting murdered or otherwise non-consenting conscious beings bodily fluid inside your body, irrespective of person. No need to mischaracterize.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

You’re right, I’m not being fair. Look I can get behind vegans being given vegan options. I even think he should have vegan options. But for this piece of shit in particular, I’m not gonna cry for him waiting for those options.