“Free speech absolutist”

• bermuda@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I guess he saw that appealing to the nerd demographic with tesla and spacex wasn’t working so he shifted to the “total asshole” demographic. Like seriously, why is it so hard for him to say one nice thing???

• TheTrueLinuxDev@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

This particular condition, which I’ve termed “Overdose on Red Pills,” reflects a paradigm shift akin to the Qanon/MAGA narrative, rather than the philosophical awakening portrayed in the Matrix film. The initial indications of his transformation were subtle, first evident when he began echoing Qanon ideologies during an interview with Joe Rogan. This was a transformation I foresaw years prior.

His expression of hostile views, coupled with the affirmation he received from his cohorts, established a self-perpetuating cycle. This led to him distancing himself from rational individuals while seeking comfort amongst those affiliated with Qanon/MAGA. Unwittingly, he morphed into an unthinking zealot, becoming part of the aggressive collective consciousness. Currently, his rhetoric aligns with the MAGA narrative on nearly every topic, thereby supplying them with additional ammunition to further their cause. He has, metaphorically, confined himself within the walls of his own cognitive prison.

• Fauxreigner@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Yeah, this is a common cycle of transphobic love bombing pulling people further right. Rowling is a pretty similar story.

• BraveSirZaphod@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There is a non-trivial overlap between nerds and assholes, unfortunately. Take Gamergate, for instance, or really any fandom when a woman dares to exist and say something. Hell, ‘the red pill’ is a Matrix reference.