• pyrflie@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

I think they were playing at a low res. 720p or maybe 480p. That said they didn’t even have stuttering. It was really impressive.

Mine is still on order haven’t got it yet.

• Nurgus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Steam Deck screen is only 800p so that’s the resolution for all games. And it’s perfect for the screen size.

• pipariturbiini@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 day ago

I’m so glad Valve did not give in to the tech-number-nerds who want 2K resolution on tiny screens, saves so much battery life.

• pyrflie@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

Like I said it was clear and smooth. I don’t expect 4k in a handheld. Portable is it’s own metric.

• Nurgus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 day ago

Yep quite right, I was just clarifying because you said “low res. 720p or maybe 480p” - the Steam Deck is 800p native. Total agreement.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

I’d be happy if it played Owlcat RPGs at near full settings. Those games are allot more fun than BG3, imo.

I digress though. It’d be nice to be able to play recent games again. If the deck can do that on my TV, I’m down.

• Nurgus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 day ago

We hook our Steam Deck up to a 4k projector and it looks amazing. The built in upscaler from 800p to 4k is astonishingly good. Obviously not AS good as native but and many games are limited to 30fps but holy smokes it’s more than good enough.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 days ago

WotR for the win. never played Kingmaker. And I just got Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader. I don’t understand how these games aren’t more popular.

I feel like BG3 is big just because the camera zooms in close to the characters.

• pyrflie@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 days ago

Kingmaker is fantastic. I’m not that big a fan of Rogue Trader though. I kinda hate the Imperium of Man, in 40K I am Ork only.

If you enjoy Owlcat then the Pillars and Tyranny from Obsidian are fantastic.

• TachyonTele@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 days ago

I’m going to look up all of their games eventually. They go hard on the systems and that’s a severely lacking quality these days.

Rogue Trader is cool, I’m only a few hours into it though. But man, the camera kills me. It’s got a weird rubber band effect to it that I don’t like.

But it’s mostly a nice improvement, or at least some different takes, on the WotR systems. My main complaint about their games is even with auto end turn on it never automatically ends any turns.