• trashgirlfriend@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Communism is a stateless, moneyless, and classless society, with the means of production held in common. Meaning, it’s a stateless state with the means of production handled by the state.

You know, states are not the only way of organising people or production or anything.

We didn’t have states until very recently.

• HardNut@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

We’ve had states longer than we’ve had history. The father of history, Herodotus, gave us the history of the states of Greece and Persia. “State” doesn’t mean “a US state”

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

A modern state is not at all the same form of government as in the fucking ancient Greece, are you aware of that.

• HardNut@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Yes, I am aware. I never said they’re the same, I said it was a state, which contradicts your assertion that states are a recent thing. If you want to keep talking about this I would suggest you stop lashing out first. I don’t deserve the vitriol, and you deserve the opportunity to string your thoughts together without them being clouded by an unnecessary rage

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

I’m sorry, I reserve my right to be vitriolic when someone spouts some actual dumbass shit and pretends like it’s profound.

“We use the word state for a few completely different systems of government, therefore everything is a state. Checkmate commulists.”

Like, do you even read the shit you say?

The “Stateless” part of the statement means that isn’t a modern nation state. It refers to a government system without centralised control, systems of delegstions instead of parliaments, etc.