this has been on my mind a lot. I follow some lesbian meme shitposting groups and there’s tons of memes that are just like “This girl looked at me and I died and then she smiled at me and I came back to life” and I just cannot think of any cishet men’s spaces that bring that have that level of absolutely dorky dysfunctional love for women. And, like, cishet men, their whole thing is supposed to be being in to women, and that just strikes me as really weird that there’s not an equivalent. Like the closest I can think of is wife guy memes but that’s just one wife, usually.

Do any spaces like that exist? Is it even possible given the way gender works in society?

• Wendy_Pleakley [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I struggle with this sort of thing myself. It’s like I’ll see someone and find them so instantly attractive that I lock up and don’t know how to proceed socially. I usually end up feeling guilty, like I’m staring too much. I felt like it was a male gaze thing for the longest time.

For me some of it is envy vs. attraction, am I into them or do I want to look like them? I’m not always sure, and it could be both or neither. I’m attracted to guys, but women catch my eye more.

I’ve lost my own point! In any case, whoever experiences this, I sympathize, because I am still trying to understand my own tendencies to be awkward around the beautiful people