I have not found any news article on this on a whim. Because my friends and family, I need to use Facebook Messenger, and Messenger Lite was a OK client - lightweight, no unnecessary features, etc., compared to the regular Messenger app.

Now I’m a little torn, having a Meta app on my phone is already bad, but having to downgrade to the bloated Messenger app? Not sure I will make a change. What are your thoughts?

• tiwenty@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I find that you’re making a lot of assumptions on my friendships based on my 4 lines comment.

I do chat with my friends via SMS or phone cause I indeed have their number. But you can’t deny that SMS for group chats is pretty gruesome.

Based on that, everybody is used to those popular chat apps and have their other group chats on them. Why would I make them change when they work for what’s intended? Privacy is the best argument, but they may not all care enough to not find it bothering. So I don’t bother ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Rekorse@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They dont work for what’s intended. Its an illusion to pull money from your content and your potential ad revenue.

Thats not getting into any of the other sociological effects of a huge amount of people getting their daily news from Facebook message headlines.