• someone [comrade/them, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 hours ago

I’m wondering if there should be a guideline about this on this comm at the very least, and maybe on hexbear in general. Some sort of requirement for a minimal description or commentary. Maybe timestamps for excessively long videos so that people can skip to the relevant part.

I don’t want to name names, I’m not interested in drama. But there’s an awful lot posting of videos by a few very specific people who just use the original video’s title and never provide context in text form.

• AndJusticeForAll [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

I’ve thought the exact same thing. At least have the YouTube channel in the name. At least on my end there’s no thumbnail embed or anything, just a text title and the small embed thing below saying it’s a YouTube video. Not a lot to go on.

• someone [comrade/them, they/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 hour ago

I don’t get thumbnails at my end either. And I fully agree on requiring the Youtube channel name to be mentioned at the least. I almost never engage with this comm because I have no idea whose metrics I’m going to be contributing to. A drop in a bucket in an ocean in a water-rich solar system to be sure. But it matters to me.