Iā€™m just about to start my second full playthrough, and have run through Act I multiple times. Rather than choosing my main three companions and leaving everyone else in camp, Iā€™m wanting to juggle companions. There are three main reasons for this: advancing everyone in the group and keeping them geared; giving each character a chance for their unique personal interactions; and trying to max out all opinion sliders. For an example: Laeā€™zel offers unique interaction with Kithrak Voss.

Iā€™m hoping we can compile a list of best party compositions for roleplay potential in certain areas. Iā€™ll start us off with all that I can think up from above ground Act I.

ā€”-

Party Pairings: Wyll and Karlach pair well. Laeā€™zel and Shadowheart clash. Astarion generally clashes with any companion with a modicum of decency.

Grove:

• Recommended party composition: Shadowheart, Wyll, and Gale for kind interactions, Laeā€™zel and Astarion for mean/underganded interactions.
  • Laeā€™zel is necessary for an interaction with Zorru.
  • Be mean to Zorru to get night 1 romance with Laeā€™zel.
  • Keep Wyll out of your party if you intend to free Sazza.
  • Keep Astarion and Laeā€™zel out of the party if you intend on being kind to tieflings.
  • Take S/W/G if you intend on saving Arabelle

Risen Road:

• Recommended party composition: Wyll, Karlach, anyone with high Wisdom.
  • Karlach and Wyll are a good duo for confronting the paladins of Tyr. This is a personal quest for Karlach.
  • For the gnoll fight, a character with high Wisdom is useful in persuading the flind to fight for you and then kill itself.

Waukeenā€™s Rest:

• Recommended party composition: Wyll, any other two (I just go Laeā€™zel and Karlach).
  • Wyll has a personal interaction regarding the kidnapping of Duke Ravengard.

Mountain Crossing:

• Recommended party composition: Laeā€™zel, any other two (Wyll and Karlach for me).
  • Laeā€™zel has a unique interaction with Kithrak Voss.

Blighted Village:

• Recommended party composition: Gale, Astarion (if he has snuck out of camp), any other.
  • Astarion has something to say about the boar drained of blood.
  • Gale is intrigued by the Thayan necromancer and the book of necromancy. Consider giving this to him.

Goblin village:

• Recommended party composition: Shadowheart, Astarion, anyone else NOT including Wyll.
  • Shadowheart has unique remarks about the repurposed temple of Selune.
  • Shadowheart and Astarion have a good time watching you bask in Loviatarā€™s love.
  • Wyll struggles to keep his fat mouth shut. Keep the liability in camp.

Teahouse:

• Recommended party composition: sneaky people or people with Hold Person (if you intend on minimising casualties), someone with create water for cheese.
  • I just always fight the hag. +1 to any stat is useless as only even stats count, and you should be shuffling the ā€œstandardā€ ability array to get all even stats (including two 16s). The Hag Eye is also a liability as perception is rolled more often than intimidate.
  • Sneak and cast Hold Person if you donā€™t want to fight any of the masked people.
  • cast Create Water on Myrinaā€™s cage to protect her. You can usually tell her and Ethel apart through use of Examine, but Create Water results in Mayrina being wet, which doesnā€™t require examine to discern.
  • Jaxia@toast.ooo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    Ā·
    1 year ago

For the Maryina cheese, if you have someone with a bottle of water, tou can throw it just as well. No need to use up a spell ;)

• chandz05@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      1 year ago

I used the horn to summon the ogres, so they helped me beat Ethel before the cage burned. But then after the fight they also killed Maryina lmao