Tesla is reportedly planning a reveal of its self-driving robotaxi on the Warner Bros. lot amid widespread anger in the industry over the brand’s controversial CEO, Elon Musk, resulting in a rejection of its cars.

• dan@upvote.au
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 hours ago

Now that money will eventually be spent on a different EV brand.

If you’re in the USA and lease instead of buy, there’s a few decent EVs you can get for <$300/month with $0 down, like the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV6. Check the deals on https://pnd.leasehackr.com/.

I’d recommend leasing EVs instead of buying them. Depreciation is pretty bad, mostly due to the fact that the technology is changing/improving quite quickly, and the fact that people don’t really want to deal with the battery after the warranty expires.

• femtech@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 hours ago

I bought the EV6 wh n it came out, the downside I have is I wish the charging port was on the front like my friends hybrid and it doesn’t have wireless android auto. But plugging my phone in is not hard, and backing into charging spots is not difficult. Just QoL things.

• Magnetic_dud
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 hours ago

I have wireless android auto and sometimes I wished it didn’t have it, for shorter trips I prefer to have no map, just the car radio, and for longer trips you have to plug the phone to charge anyway because navigation uses a massive amount of battery