• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Just now saw a little girl coming out from the car while hugging a cat like how kid will hug their teddy bear, and the cat’s expression is basically “this is my life meow”, so cute 🤣

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

“The more you fuck around the more you gonna find out”

Had very spicy food yesterday I’m just finding out in the toilet rn 😭

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Oh dear… do you guys still remember the Wagner Rebellion in Russia?

Putin allegedly kill the leader Yevgeny Prigozhin by shooting down the plane as it was leaving Moscow.

• stormy001@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Live by the sword, die by one.

Just another gangster kill another one.

“Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.”

• ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Damn, he fell off of something higher than any window.

Why is there still no Caesar (or for local history nerds, Sultan Mahmud) moment yet?

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thoughts about Indian moon landing?

I think it’s ok to dream and it’s definitely a good source of inspiration for many people, but shouldn’t their money be spent on tackling poverty?

It’s by far the poorest country to have ever sent anything into the space. Unless they could somehow come up with ways to capitalise on their space expertise such as private launches etc I don’t see how it could help the poor people there much.

• cendawanita@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

In general expenditure for space exploration (or big ticket stuff) is usually a red herring in conversations about poverty eradication. In part because there’s the 1:1 fallacy in administration (tau tau a significant part is state authorities and their taxation revenue) but also in terms of dividends down the line. For sure you can critique the priorities on a matter of principle but it’s not like USA was evenly and uniformly rich during their space race years (racial segregation pun was still ongoing apatah lagi how native Americans were actively experiencing cultural genocide).

What is interesting is the long-term impact to their ICT and technical R&D industries. Like it or not, one of their demographical time bomb was having a highly educated middle class and coming with no real pathway to a career outside the service sector and/or migration. Will this be enough of a pull factor? NASA is still operating in Florida because equatorial advantage despite the politics being so shit; many expats would still continue to work in China if they weren’t being discouraged to do so. Speaking of China, having manufacturing hubs like Shenzen arguably contributed to improved economic conditions and India has an even younger and dynamic population who may take all the science and engineering they’re learning formally and informally and do something. The fact that a lot of space-oriented tech has come back to earth such as it is, and entered civilian life in good ways can’t be overstated (titanium and lighter metals = better designed tools and prosthesis for the old and the disabled; better water filtration; carbon dioxide filtration), so imagine what can happen if much of this can be done on a global south economic budget.

In any case, if I want to be genuinely concerned I would think about the fueling needs of such a sector and the fact that both India and Pakistan are nuclear-owning countries 😌 but I remain always hopeful whenever any genie is out of the bottle when it comes to common folk having the access to improve themselves and change the overall condition.

• cendawanita@monyet.cc
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Specifically on technical innovation, a quote:

TBH if anything I don’t want to see this be captured by private sector/the rich. Unless they want to do like that submersible lah… 😌

ETA: lol I guess selalu kena justify: https://spinoff.nasa.gov/

• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

India is weird, everything is so polarised over there. On one hand they have a few people who’s in the 50 world richest person, on the other hand their poor is so extreme it’s hard to imagine. They have space exploration program yet they don’t even have the will to explore and fix the issue in North India. It’s the schrodinger country.

• cubedsteaks@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think it’s ok to dream and it’s definitely a good source of inspiration for many people, but shouldn’t their money be spent on tackling poverty?

I don’t know much about India other than its really crowded over there and the food is good- but with the over crowding, yeah they should probably focus on spending money on poverty.

• dukeGR4@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

some guy’s lowballing me on fb marketplace for so many days already, i got pissed off and just deleted the listing.

now look who’s coming back to me.