• Dasus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    18 hours ago

Let’s not pretend all humans are incapable of peace just because we have a system which makes the greedy and cruel rise to the top.

• Samvega@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      14 hours ago

Let’s not pretend that the human world was not purposefully produced by humans who continually decide to leave the status quo as it is.

I’m autistic, you’re not going to be able to lie to me with “but I want things to be better”. Give me evidence.

• Dasus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

Continuously decide to leave the status quo as it is

You’re acting as if there’s actual democracy everywhere and changing the status quo is just a matter of deciding we want better things. You’re disregarding the practical state of democracy and literally all the activism. You’re disregarding the entire history of humanity, basically. You’re acting as if we could just have a conference call among humanity and just decide to get rid of everything bad, and if that doesn’t happen, it means that everyone is a shit selfish person.

“The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends,” Ser Jorah told her. “It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace.” He gave a shrug. “They never are.”

Our systems literally favour psychopaths in leading positions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackmccullough/2019/12/09/the-psychopathic-ceo/

Give me evidence.

Of what? People doing things to change things? How about literally all activists? Most people are too busy with their own lives to actively give up everything, but if you’re arguing that no-one is doing anything to “make things better”, that’s a position that’s very easy to prove wrong.

• Samvega@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 hours ago

You’re acting as if we could just have a conference call among humanity and just decide to get rid of everything bad, and if that doesn’t happen, it means that everyone is a shit selfish person.

I’m acting as if I have moral standards. I’ve stopped caring that others don’t.

• Dasus@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 hours ago

You’re living in an imaginary world and making completely unfounded assumptions about other people while insisting on your superiority.

Can you give evidence of what you’ve done to “make things better”, or has your contribution been to whinge online how everyone except you is a bad person, while ignoring all the people actually working to improve things (something which I’m pretty sure you’re not doing yourself)?