I’m working on a mod kit for a popular item, but my target audience isn’t likely to have a soldering iron. The majority of the project connects to an exposed ribbon connector, but I need to short two terminals to force a power supply on.

Any ideas on a method I could provide for people who can’t solder? Maybe a strip of copper tape?

• 11111one11111@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Fuck yeah mam. As someone who has zero formal education but also zero fear of learning to do something that needs to be done/fixed/upgraded I applaud you. There are too many people like the comment you respond to that have what I call the shitty better than you can understand attitude. I see it asking what abbreviations mean and get this type of response all the time “if you don’t know what ACKSNTJENSNFBF means than youre in over your head and should just quit now” 👍🏿 cool except 45 mins of googling later and I understand what it meant and that it took that person longer to write the condescending response than it would’ve took to explain it. So good on you for giving a fuck to help educate regardless of audience experience.