With a bot it would be pretty simple to crosspost discussion links from reddit. Would anyone be interested in that? Just to get posts going.

Probably couldn’t post galleries though, unless the author posted an MD link or something in a comment

• Leyana@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A bot similar to AutoShonenpon would be nice. I relied on that to keep up to date with shounen plus titles.

• Jim@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t mind a bot but I’d rather get people to post link directly. I don’t know if I want a community to turn into an rss feed.

Where a bot is helpful is when multiple people are racing to get the same chapter link up on this community. Especially when it’s predictable, like Jump official releases.

Anyway, I don’t mind building a quick bot that maybe pulls from a whitelist of titles from mangadex. I’d like to get some input from the mods though before I start.

• ReluctantZenny@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

On one hand, that’d be pretty cool, on the other hand, we’d make ourselves dependent on Reddit again. I’d rather see people here post what they want themselves, letting the community grow themselves instead of letting a bot fill it up.

• Temperche@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’d like a bot that automatically posts new uploaded chapters to mangadex (maybe directly via mangadex API rather than reddit), maybe also using a service such as kenmei.co