• exanime@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

They’re just lucky that the current AI Models are crap, otherwise this would be the next standard they’re missing in their “more of the same since 1980” games.

So you are complaining they are not adopting something you admit is currently crap?!

I’m going to complain about billionaire taxes then, I mean I have no billions but I’ll complain anyway

• roteradler@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 hours ago

No, I’m saying, that Nintendo wouldnt benefit at all from AI, so why should they use it in the first place? And the reasons for that are:

-AI in it’s current state can only support in certain areas -Nintendo’s games aren’t massive enough to profit from the things AI can do atm

An example: AI can do Text to Speech, but Nintendo doesn’t make games like TES. Nintendo needs to optimise their games highly to run on a switch, which AI can’t do.

He is just stating the obvious, like saying the sun is hot.

• exanime@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

He is just stating the obvious, like saying the sun is hot.

But he could say they are engineering to catch up to the trend, right? the question is not if they are to implement AI features in their current 8 year old console. The question is if AI is in their development path in the future

And the answer is no, Nintendo does not seem to see value there. I for one agree, the stuff you mentioned about AI in other comments in the thread go from “meh” to “I actively do not want that in my games”. This is just my opinion as a casual gamer but I see logic in Nintendo’s stance here.