Screenshot of microblog post. The OP states, “This is not an email I ever expected to receive or send.” The emails read as follows:

1st email

The AI design of your email is clever, but significantly lacks warmth.

Would it be possible to be contacted by a human being moving forward instead of AI?

Many thanks,

Response email

It’s not an AI. I’m just Autistic.

See you next Friday.

Sent from Proton Mail mobile

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 hours ago

Given my previous experiences with social interactions, it is 100% an e-mail I expect to get and send at some point.

One time, when I called the bank to do something with my account, about 5 minutes in my mom’s phone rings, she told me they called her to verify that I was interacting with them. We lived in a small town at the time. The bank couldn’t tell for sure if I was really me or someone that just knew a lot about me but was just reading the answers off a list or something.

But I suppose I’d rather them err on the side of caution ultimately.

• I'm back on my BS 🤪@lemmy.autism.placeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 hours ago

That’s surprising! I never expected the bank to be that thorough. I’m happy they’re that diligent with security. How did you feel in the moment and afterward?

I think I go overboard with trying to be friendly or human-like when on the phone and trying to seem normal. If it were up to me, it would be straight business, and the sign off would be something like, “Anything else? No. Okay, bye.” I think I don’t have this problem with other NDs though, just the normies or especially in business situations. But who knows what the other person is experiencing sometimes lol

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        14 hours ago

Hehe yeah, it of course didn’t feel great at the time. But at the time it was a bit of a surprise that I didn’t sound like a normal human on the phone. I never did feel comfortable on the phone and would avoid it when possible. But I didn’t know it sucked for the other person too, lol. I have since gotten better, but still don’t like it on my end. But yeah, for other neuro divergents, we can talk for hours.