• Kayana@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 hours ago

There are pros to this:

If the person you blocked can’t see your posts, they can intuit that you’ve blocked them. Then, they might try and find you on other social media to harass you even further, or shift targets to someone else.

If they can see your posts, they have no idea they’ve been blocked, similar to Reddit’s shadow bans. This might make them think you’re just annoyed or rarely look at your DMs, making them invest even more time to uselessly try to contact you.

Of course, I can see the other side too, that you don’t want them to know about any (new) posts you’ve made; but it isn’t as one-sided as you seem to think it is.

• lugal@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 hours ago

I disagree. When they don’t see your posts, you might as well have gone silent or just post less frequently so they happen to not see them. Besides: once you follow a certain number of people, you don’t track each and everyone of them.

Seeing a post makes you more likely to want to answer them. If that doesn’t work (as I understand it), you will notice it and maybe be frustrated about it.