Hey folks (if folks there be)! I’m one of the new mods for this small community. I’m not by nature a huge poster of content (too many interactions with STRIVES, too many briefings on CUI/ITAR/Limited Rights 🤐)… but I feel like y’all are even tighter-lipped than me.

So. I’m going to throw this post out, looking for signs of life. Interested to know whether there’s a niche this community could be filling, interested to know whether the content creators have migrated back to Reddit. Interested to know if there’s a feature or element of the site that is hindering participation.

If this goes unanswered, I’m probably going to propose to have the community eliminated (is that even a thing?) or taken private and held in trust for the next group that want to have a go. A dusty, inactive channel is a bad look when the agency and the world of space in general is so vibrant.

Thoughts?

• Tsiolkovsky’all@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Right on, then. I’ll start looking for some content creation bots, pull in some feeds from the agency, maybe NASAwatch for some color.

Actually… if my SATERN training has been good for anything, it’s hammering home the value of inclusion. How do you feel about the idea of getting one member of the community to rep for each of the mission directorates? Job would be to watch the feeds, throw something into the community when it pops. I can probably rep for ESDMD, but I don’t even really know what ARMD stands for. :)