https://imgur.com/gallery/southern-cross-ms-06gd-zaku-squad-tCaAlIJ

I finally decided to tackle building the whole Southern Cross Squad from Cucuruz Doan’s Island. And after around 3 months of work I am finally done.

This was a bit of a challenge with all of the water decals, especially the commander who had about 125 total water decals. I also have decided that I’m tired of mono-colored weapons and have started painting knife and axe blades. Mono-eye = good, mono-color = not good.

• MelodiousFunk@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 minutes ago

Gorgeous! The set may be an obvious cash grab, but it’s a good looking one for sure.

I had to bail partway through the set for financial reasons. Hoping to complete it one day.

Side note on other CDA kits: was anyone else disappointed by the molded colors for the Sleggar and Moroccan Front GMs? The promo pics for Sleggar looked like the chest color was on the blue side of teal (beautiful), but the molded color was squarely green (…eh). The Moroccan orange ended up coming out much duller IRL. I know they paint the example models, but usually the colors are pretty close to the plastic (or vice versa). These two just kinda left me bummed.