This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/tifu by /u/Slavaa on 2024-09-30 01:56:14+00:00.

(Edit: it’s not really relevant to the story but just for clarity of discussion/how to refer to me we are lesbians, I am 30F and she is 24F)

The fuck-up on my part happened a week ago, but the consequences only really became clear today.

A week ago, I left on a week-long business trip – my first trip since moving in with my girlfriend a few weeks previously. My girlfriend does enjoy video games from time to time, but I am much more The Gamer GF™ in the relationship, with the several-thousand-dollar PC, two monitors, big desk, the works. She typically just plays on her laptop or Switch.

(Before the move, we’d played a few multiplayer games together on my computer, including some Baldur’s Gate 3 (local co-op) which she’d enjoyed… a moderate amount.)

Before I left on my trip, I decided to set up my computer with a guest account for her just in case she wanted to play The Sims in 4K or something while I was gone. From the way she was talking when I mentioned it, it didn’t seem like she was that interested. I set it up anyway because you never know.

It was only when I realized she was texting me at 3am local time – while she normally goes to bed at 11pm or earlier – that I may have made a slight mistake.

I came back from my trip yesterday evening, and while before this she was perfectly content to just let me spend my free time on my computer… it’s clear that now SHE wants to spend HER free time on MY computer as well, because Baldur’s Gate 3 has consumed her mind and her laptop can’t really run it. She put like 50 hours into it in 5 days – and she does have a job. Whenever I’m on my computer, she’s just hanging out waiting for me to let her back on – not manipulatively or anything, she’s just the type who likes to focus on one thing to completion, so she’s bored by anything that isn’t Baldur’s Gate 3 right now.

So now instead of one computer addict and one computer, the apartment now has two computer addicts and one computer. Oh well, at least we have one more thing in common.

TL;DR: Gave girlfriend access to my gaming computer while I’m away. She becomes more of a gaming addict than I am. Still love her though.