EDIT: Can anyone please provide me information about Kbin posts? Are you guys having trouble responding to these posts? Is there something going on with their federation? I seem to be unable to process posts both in the app and on the web. Thanks.

Howdy folks,

I’ve implemented some logging that should catch pretty much any error within any part of the app and write it to the debug file (currently the debug logs was a bit meh).

If you encounter an error, you should not receive the “white screen of death” anymore, and should instead be presented with this fancy little guy:

https://i.imgur.com/G1YedBN.png

If you could please send the log along I would be very grateful. I’ll now receive a full stack trace to be able to pinpoint where things are going wrong.

Regardless, I think I found the issue with the white screen on the feed screens. So, hopefully things will be smooth sailing from here on out. With your guys’ help, our crash count is starting to get real low!

Cheers folks. Expect another update tonight with better search features and (maybe?) notifications for replies.

• nieceandtows@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hey, just wanted to say, checking for Memmy App updates is more addictive than checking the Lemmy feed (it’s actually the first thing I do when I wake up), so you don’t have to apologize for ‘update spamming’.

• Alteredraccoon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just wanted to pop in to say I’m very impressed with how fast the app is improving. Keep doin the good work! Thanks!!

• Spitfire@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I just had the white screen of death happen again. However I can’t seem to email logs, tapping on it does nothing.