Suggest some beautiful games. Genre doesn’t matter. 3d or 2d no big deal. Hyper Light Drifter, Satisfactory, Cliff Empire, etc.

Mostly I’m talking about moments in the game where you can just stand there and look at the world and not be bored.

Thankssss.

• sub_o@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Journey still looks pretty pretty.

Not sure whether it’s still enjoyable to play, since probably not many people are playing it these days.

• loops@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Mmm yess. Recently did a play through, and luckily I played most of it with a fellow pilgrim. IMO Journey will always be gorgeous. The graphics are perfectly balanced between realism, performance and art. To me, it’s a timeless classic.

• apotheotic(she/they)@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

If you enjoyed journey for its beauty and the experience, I strongly recommend checking out their most recent game, Sky: Children of the Light

• sub_o@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Oh wow, if it’s still possible to meet with online players, then I might want to replay the game again.

• loops@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I read recommendations for this game so often I’d be remiss to not try it at least once.

• coyotino [he/him]@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

it’s great! but it’s hard. if you don’t have patience for difficult platforming and/or difficult 2d combat, it might not click for you.

• evilgiraffe666@ttrpg.network
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I think I got it on my third attempt. Though I haven’t actually finished it yet! Only 2/3 in and then something shiny distracted me - I’ll pick it up again soon. People described it as a soulslike, so after Elden Ring clicked for me I decided I would try the funny bug game again. Glad I did!

• MrGerrit@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I think getting platinum for that game on ps is my crowning achievement of my gaming career, I’m never going to able to do that again.

Can’t wait for silksong!

• ono@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Subnautica.

Damn fine game, too, if you look past the engine bugs.

• Thebazilly@pathfinder.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Subnautica legitimately made me stop and stare at my screen with mouth agape at the wonder and terror of a glowing undersea behemoth. I’ve never had a game provoke pure awe like it does.

• Feydaikin@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Subnautica is on a whole different level. They made some wild impressions with the first game.

Too bad they dropped the ball on “below zero.”

• ciaocibai@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Was coming here to say this. Game is good, but the artwork and feeling of the game is amazing.

• Glide@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Outer Wilds.

Really encapsulates the meaning of beauty a couple different ways.

Tetris Effect, particularly if you can play in VR.

Though if you’re strictly talking “aesthetically pleasing”, the options get wider. I absolutely loved the aesthetics of Hi-fi Rush. The absolute beauty of this comic-esque, cel-shaded world with every element, background and forground, moving to the rhythm of the soundtrack just blew me away when I started playing. But I’m a slut for rhythm games, so there’s just something about everything tiny fiber of the space connecting and syncing up that gets me.

• Jim P.@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Stray. There were lots of times I’d perch up high and look around at everything going on below.

• M1st3rM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Horizon Zero Dawn. The sequel is likely even more beautiful but I haven’t played it yet

• sylverstream@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Ori (both ones). Absolutely stunning platformer. One of the best games I’ve every played, just started a second playthrough.

• loops@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That ones on my wish-list already, now it’s on my actual wish-list in my head.

• clarfgg@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Just a heads up the game kinda made my head hurt physically. The characters move at like 24-30fps while the background moves at a full 60 (or something >30, was not sure). It’s a stylistic choice which I can respect but I couldn’t get into it due to the stark difference in fps between the two which made it feel laggy.

• SbisasCostlyTurnover@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Abzu has a few moments like that, especially towards the end where you’re swimming through more and more densely packed environments.

• loops@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thanks! The same publisher is working on Nivalis, I’ll definitely check that one out sometime.