This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/tifu by /u/Practical_Jeweler994 on 2024-09-30 17:24:27+00:00.

Today, I ruined my professional reputation. I was in an important Zoom meeting with several managers from my company. Everything was going smoothly until I decided to do a quick Google search, thinking only I could see my screen.

The problem is that I didn’t realize I was still sharing my screen with all the attendees. The first thing I typed into Google was: “How to resign from a job gracefully.” Almost immediately, I noticed the shocked faces of my coworkers and realized that they could all see what I was doing. Messages started pouring in, and the confused looks filled the screen.

My boss sent me a private message asking if everything was okay, and I had to play it off like it was a joke. I still don’t know how I’m going to face my team tomorrow. Never in my life have I wished the ground would swallow me whole more than today.

TL;DR:Today I ruined my professional image by accidentally sharing my screen during a work meeting while Googling how to resign gracefully.