• Adkml [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 hours ago

If you’re still treating literally anything the “ethics in gaming journalism” crowd says with good faith I don’t know what to tell you.

This is just setting up more hoops to jump through so chuds can say “this person didn’t even play the entire game so their assertion that I just don’t like this game because there’s minorities in it isn’t valid”

• dwindling7373@feddit.it
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      17 hours ago

I don’t really follow any of that, don’t know of any crowd.

Gaming is a huge deal and I’m 300% sure there’s a huge push for marketing AKA journalism to sell. I don’t even need to read a single line from a single article to know that must be true.

Make of this what you will :)

• Adkml [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        17 hours ago

I and everybody else who reads that will “make of that” that you make up your mind ahead of time, relevant information or context be damned.

Because capital G Gamers are irredeemable dumbfucks :)

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          14 hours ago

Sure, have fun throwing insults around. I’m not a gamer I just have the most simple grasp of reality and the awareness a bunch of virtually free to duplicate assets are going for 60$ a pop and people gobble them up as if money growed on trees.

Capital G, out.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              5 hours ago

Sadly enough, I’ve had the privilege not to get bullied much in school. I find your remark rather distasteful either way.

Your point? Any attack on gaming journalism comes from a place of rejecting inclusion and queerness in videogames and the perception that there’s a conspiracy going on to push the “woke agenda”?

Why is this being tied to an attack that can be summarized as “A lot of journalists are not being genuine in their reviews”?

Am I missing some context? Are the people in the screenshot known figures?