Does anyone know of a mouse that can be used wireless, with a replaceable battery and that can be connected to the PC via USB-C to recharge the battery? Obtainable in Europe.

The reasoning is that I do not want to get into the situation where I do not have a charged replacement battery at hand and am therefore unable to use the mouse.

Currently I am using a mouse without a replaceable battery which got so old that the battery only holds for 1-2 hours without being connected to the cable.

I know I could simply go with a wired mouse, however, I like the cleanliness of minimal cables on my desk. Thanks for suggestions.

• Guenther_Amanita@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 hours ago

I have a Logitech MX Master 3s and can really recommend it to you.

It’s on the expensive side, sure, but for something I use daily it’s worth it for me. It is a really great device!

It doesn’t have a (easily) replaceable battery tho. I didn’t take a look at how to replace it, but I think it might be as hard, or easier, than with an electric toothbrush or something, if that’s really important to you.

I can’t even remember when I charged that thing the last time, and I think that’s a good sign for the power consumption. So, even if the battery looses 50% of its capacity over 5-10 years, it will still last for weeks and charge in a very short time, and by that time, it will look so used and disgusting, that you might consider buying a new mouse.

You can also use it while charging (looking at you, Apple mouse!), and it has an USB-C port that also acts not only for power, but also as signal line if you want.

It has a Bluetooth-only mode (for connecting multiple PCs), a wireless dongle, and as said a wired connection.

• BarHockerOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 hours ago

Thanks for the suggestion, the battery life seems nice but I am looking for that replaceable battery.

The reasoning of a mouse looking disgusting does not really count for me, I try to keep my things clean. My current mouse is about 5 years old and still looks perfectly fine. Just its battery is giving up.

• beeng
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 hour ago

Tried opening up your current one? Very easy usually and lion batteries just connect with a JBOD connection. Google the battery size and get new one from Aliexpress. It’s not rocket science!

Then you’ll love your current mouse even more knowing you saved it from trash :)

I’m currently replacing the right click button in my MX master 3S. 5 euro for 10 switches and a bit of solder. Not for everyone but batteries are much easier :)

• Otter@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 hours ago

Replaceable is good. I had the same recommendation for you, but I also know that some people complain about it dying on them because of a loose connector inside.

Would you be able to do with a simpler wireless mouse that uses AA batteries? There are a lot of those, you could use rechargeable eneloop/Ikea batteries in them

• Orbituary@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 hours ago

I have been using the Anker vertical mouse for 11 years. Just replaced my first one recently and bought my second. I use AAA rechargeable batteries that last months on end.

There’s a company that makes a clone of this with a USB charging cable. It was OK, but I like what I have.